Friday, August 3, 2018

Personal Growth Strategy


A friend at University asked me yday : " how are u able to travel so much and still work on your theses?"
I said, its while I travel, I read more, I learn more, I write more. While travelling, I get solid time where no other disturbances are there!. (Especially when you travel alone).
Earlier I used to think travel is an unproductive time. Yes it is unproductive if you have to commute daily one hr in a crowded bus. But travelling four hours in train or flight could be converted to productivity.
Its all about prioritising what all you want to do and fitting all into the 24hrs you have. There is no seperate time for anything. Try to fit in all items within the time available.
Secondly, having clarity of goals and deadlines is also essential. And when u have deadlines made for u with clear milestones, your day becomes filled with activities which you need to do automatically and you end up having no time for timewasters.
The only side effect is that I become tired due to travel. But I will get used to it I guess. ðŸ˜€
And the only challenge is when your goals and deadlines involve another person or team. There it becomes important to get them into action with the same pace as you. But if your goal involves only you and your actions, its easy and possible.
In the beginning of this year, I set two important goals for myself : read 30 books and travel 75 days. Today,on August 1st, Half way through, I have travelled 39 days and read 12 books. Constant checking of goals is also important for achievement.
# Personal Goals #Growthstrategy #Timemanagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me in FB