Friday, December 28, 2018

My Travels 2018



By the end of year 2017, I set a goal of personal growth which included travel. I set a travel goal of at least 75 days in the year 2018.
And end of 2018, yes, I have achieved it ! and best of all I could travel to many places which i haven't done before. The following are the places I visited in 2018
1. Isha temple, Coimbatore - Jan
2. Wayanad - Jan
3. Mysore - Jan
4. Various parts of Kerala - Trivandrum , Kollam, Kayankulam, Alappey, Thrissur, Palaghat, Kannur, Malappuram, Pathanamthitta , Calicut , Kottayam , Wayanad etc - February through December
5. Poovar Island, Trivandrum - March
6. Delhi - March
7. Kulu , Manali - March
8. Simla - March
9. Parts of Punjab Haryana (Chandigarh)
10. Kovalam , Trivandrum - April
11. Tuticorin - May
12. Dubai - September
13. Geneva , Switzerland - October
14. Pune - December
15. Coimbatore - December
Though I didnt keep an exact days list, I think I have easily traveled around 75 days this year. Most of these trips were solo trips and some with friends / family. My first solo trip started in Jan to Wayanad and I did feel a bit nervous. But by the end of the year I traveled to different part of the world alone! I think confidence comes out of moving out of comfort zone. Today i am confident of travelling to any part of the world at any time! 
I experienced new things in life which I couldnt have done if I hadnt been traveling! I did adventures like ziplines , played with snow , took Sauna bath, jumped into swimming pool, walked through streets at midnight , ate dishes whose names were weird and above all, I met some amazing people during all these trips. People who inspired me , people who helped me think, learn something new . Each of these travel experiences gave me new friends, new relationships and new perspectives . I am sure these will enable me to think and form new ideas to make some change in the world !
And the best part of these travels (except for family vacation - Kulu Manali) , most of them were sponsored or were undertaken as part of my business. As a friend of mine quoted, "As long as you don't see the bills, travels are great!"
Next year I wish to travel more !  Setting a goal for 100 days travel. Let's see! 

Pic: My best Selfie of 2018 ! In front of the UN Building.
My Travel photos are all posted in FB here

Cheers !

CeeVee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me in FB