Friday, December 16, 2011

Quickening of a Baby


This day I felt a new beginning
A feeling for the first time
A new awakening, a new movement


This day I understood
How significant you are
How intimate you are!


This day I realized
Even when you are still in womb
You made your presence felt


This day I am rejoicing
About the future you promise
About the dreams you will fulfill


This day I’m thrilled
That soon I’ll see you bloom
That you’ll spread your fragrance everywhere


This day I imagine
A world which will follow your footsteps
A tomorrow that is bright and sunshine


You are my passion You are my destiny
You are my child; I’m your mother

(Poem written when I was carrying my first Baby - Mythili and I first felt her presence in my womb) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me in FB